Ceiling sails – endless versatility
Ceiling sails hang from the raw ceiling as single panels, or are combined into islands. They can have different contours, edge designs and surface coatings. The radiant ceiling as a functional component of the building technology, becomes a custom design element with sound absorbing characteristics.
Compared to enclosed ceilings, the open structure of ceiling sails offer clear advantages: greater specific performance, better accessibility, simpler assembly and lower investment costs.
Metawell® sails create plenty design possibilities with regard to form, surface structure and colour. Thanks to the good sound absorption and thermal conductivity, only a part of the ceiling surface must be equipped with Metawell® ceiling sails.
Metawell® radiant ceiling sails improve the room acoustics without reducing the cooling and heating efficiency of buildings with core-tempered ceilings. Moreover, performance deficiencies can be compensated specifically. The ceiling sails are delivered ready-to-be-installed and are mounted in a certain distance to the ceiling. Thus, the reverse side of the ceiling sail can also absorb and neutralise sound waves.
- high performance allows reduced covering density compared to plasterboard and steel systems
- reduced assembly times and costs
- up to 150 W/m2 cooling performance (at 10 K subtemperature)
- up to 140 % sound absorption (relative to the projected floor space)
- panel sizes up to 1480 x 6000 mm
- different contours, edges and surfaces
- EPDs (Environmental Product Declarations) according to DIN EN ISO 14025 Type III and EN 15804
More information about other ceilings: