Lightweight elements for marine applications
The lightweight panels made of aluminium are specifically approved for shipbuilding. For the necessary tests the whole sandwich material was tested. The certificate MED/3.64 C Class Division (Marine Equipment Directive – Directive 2014/90/EU, also called IMO/SOLAS, wheelmark, EC-Type Examination Certificate) is available.
Metawell® is produced in Germany and is successfully and extremely versatile used in shipbuilding. With an experience of more than 30 years, we can assist you in finding a technically and economically useful solution – from the lightweight panel to ready-to-be-installed components.
- Good corrosion resistance thanks to the use of suitable seawater aluminium alloys according to DIN and an additional primer
- Easy processing by using commercial woodworking machinery and best practices of carpenters - both in the workshop or directly on board
- Easy installation of mounting parts through e.g. glueing, screwing, riveting
- Corrosion protection, also of the core
- Individual surfaces by: digital printing, lamination, coating. On request powder-coatable panels can be offered
- The material is suitable for interior design up to the C Class Division and also for the protected outdoor area
- Certification according MED/3.64 C Class Division (Marine Equipment Directive – Directive 2014/90/EU, also called IMO/SOLAS, wheelmark, EC-Type Examination Certificate)
- Longtime experience in the shipbuilding industry
- Delivery of tailored panels and machined parts on request
- 100 % recyclable
Large format Metawell® panels can be used on a ship as walls or wall linings. They can be integrated into any interior design with paints, digital printing, film-coating or HPL. Curved parts and parapet claddings are implemented with the easily formable Metawell® Aluflex. This enables custom interior designs for bars, lounges, theatres or discotheques with hardly any technical limitations.
Learn more about our lightweight walls and panels for ships.
Large-sized ceiling elements with Metawell® aluminium sandwich panels require only a simple substructure. With the lightweight but dimensionally stable Metawell® aluminium panels, not only the standard frame design is possible, but also self-supporting suspended ceiling canopies, ceiling domes or curved ceiling domes can be realised easily.
Learn more about our lightweight ceiling solutions.
To minimize assembly time and to extend the grid width of the substructure for raised floors, the formats of Metawell® aluminium sandwich panels are simply adapted. The Metawell® aluminium panel Alu hl 10-03-10 hl / H6 is used in areas that have higher requirements for the compressive strength of the panels.
Learn more about our lightweight raised floors and platforms.
Because of their good sound attenuation characteristics and their bending strength, Metawell® aluminium panels are used for the construction of ship furniture and special constructions.
Learn more about our column cladding, beam cladding & more for shipbuilding.
Metawell® data sheets
The figures are for guidance only. The suitability of the panels for specific applications should be checked in advance. For project-specific orders, panels from 5 to 22 mm can be manufactured. Please contact us.
*material available only project related