Lightweight aluminium facades with Metawall®
The product variation of Metawell® especially for facade cladding is called Metawall®. Because of the ingeniously simple design, a very light and extremely rigid aluminium sandwich panel is created, which is perfectly suitable for curtain wall facades.
The continuous production process allows the fabrication of unusually large facade elements with a flat surface. The element remains dimensionally stable and plane, so a larger effective span can be realised with less substructure. Since the sandwich core is also protected against corrosion, the material has a high resistance to corrosion and is 100 % recyclable without previous material separation.
Different colours, e.g. RAL, NCS, BS, Pantone and metallic colours, can be offered. Individual colour schemes are available on request. Unlike other sandwich panels, Metawell® panels can be powder-coated on request – so individual colouring for smaller quantities is also possible.
Rear-ventilated facades can be realized with Metawall® aluminium sandwich panels. Find out more about the construction of rear-ventilated facades, the advantages and disadvantages and why Metawall® aluminium sandwich panels are particularly suitable for implementation.
Learn more about rear-ventilated facades.
- aluminium sandwich panels for large facade elements
- weight savings due to lightweight construction
- fire classification acc. EN 13501-1: B - s2, d0 or A2 - s1, d0
- economical, due to larger spans and less substructure for big facade elements
- various colours available (custom designs, decors, gloss, metallic colours and colours according to RAL, NCS, BS and Pantone)
- sustainable, thanks to raw material savings and full recyclability (without previous material separation)
- excellent corrosion protection (also of the core)
- Environmental Product Declarations acc. DIN EN ISO 14025 Type III and EN 15804
- BIM-objects for ArchiCAD and Revit
Depending on the requirements of static and fire classification, there are two different aluminium facade products:
Curtain wall facades with Metawall®
With the low weight of 5.2 kg/m2 Metawall® is extremely stable and convinces with a panel thickness of 10 mm in terms of energy-efficiency and sustainability by saving raw material and is completely recyclable.
- overall thickness: 10 mm
- weight: only 5.2 kg/m2
- non visible fixing methods: glueing (up to 4300 mm) and riveting
- perfect flatness also for big elements (max. 1470 x 6000 mm)
- building inspectorate approval: Z-10.3-708 (DIBt Germany)
- fire classification acc. to EN 13501-1: B – s2, d0 (flame retardant)
Rear-ventilated facades with Metawall® A2
With properties similar to Metawall® this aluminium sandwich panel offers with a panel thickness of 15 mm a fire classification of A2.
- overall thickness: 15 mm
- weight: only 6.8 kg/m2
- non visible fixing method: riveting
- perfect flatness also for big elements (max. 1460 x 6000 mm)
- fire classification acc. to EN 13501-1: A2 – s1, d0 (non combustible)
Please take into account the information given in the facade folder.
Products of Metawell GmbH are technically unsuitable for the following applications:
– wall and roof elements which require an integrated thermal insulation – PU foam core
– roof elements as supporting components
– balcony and parapet fall protections