- lightweight aluminium panel with 2 cover sheets and a corrugated core
- very light and rigid (same statical performance than solid aluminium but up to 80 % lighter)
- high corrosion protection because all aluminium sheets are pretreated with a primer
- for serial production: cover sheets, thickness of corrugation and surface (on request also powder-coatable) can be customized
- 100 % recyclable without material separation
- excellent thermal conductivity and good sound absorption
- absolute flatness
- high fire protection classifications for different areas
- production in a continuous manufacturing process
- simple processing of the material with standard tools
Lightweight design with Metawell®
Metawell® is a patented aluminium lightweight panel, which is thanks to its sandwich structure very light and has a high bending resistance. Metawell® sandwich panels are perfectly well suited for elements with an appealing surface and also as substrate for sophisticated surfaces.
Especially when Metawell® lightweight aluminium panels are used in large dimensions, high weight reductions can be achieved. Compared with solid aluminium of the same statical performance, Metawell® aluminium sandwich panels offer weight savings of up to 80 %.
Metawell® is produced in a continuous production process, where two cover sheets are glued to a corrugated aluminium sheet.
Metawell® sandwich panels are available in different designs, which can be adapted perfectly to different applications. By adjusting the cover sheets, corrugation thickness and surface coating the characteristics of the aluminium sandwich panels can be adapted to the particular requirements.
The specific design of Metawell® ensures a high static and dynamic stress resistance. Selected alloys and anti-corrosion lacquer even on the inner surface of the sandwich provide high chemical and physical resistance.
Design and delivery program
Product description is composed as follows:
e.g. Alu sf cc 08-03-05 hl / H10
Typ – Alu
t1 – thickness of top cover sheet
tw – thickness of corrugation
t2 – thickness of bottom cover sheet
H – panel overall thickness in millimetres
Further information regarding the surface can be included:
cc – coil coating
hl – primer
sf – protective film
The direction of the corrugation is shown on the following drawing:
Overview technical data
On request, powder-coatable panels can be produced.