- lightweight aluminium panel, where a cover sheet is connected to a corrugated aluminium sheet in a continuous manufacturing process
- material with highly anisotropic stiffness, resulting in a very simple two-dimensional shaping (see video)
- simple processing of the material with standard tools
- high corrosion protection since all used aluminium sheets are pretreated with a primer
- 100 % recyclable without prior separation of materials. In addition, the proportion of secondary aluminium is approximately 90 %.
Easiest forming with Metawell® Aluflex
Design and delivery program
Product description is composed as follows:
e.g. Aluflex hl 05-02 / H4.7
Typ – Aluflex
tw – thickness of corrugation
t2 – thickness of bottom cover sheet
H – overall panel thickness in millimetres
Further information regarding the surface can be included:
cc – coil coating
hl – primer
sf – protective film
The direction of the corrugation is shown on the following drawing:
Overview technical data
Forming parallel to the corrugation
Thanks to its special structure Metawell® Aluflex can be transformed very easily around the axis parallel to the corrugation tops, with smaller bending radii (e.g. for Metawell® Aluflex 05-02 / H4.7 smaller than 200 mm) even plastically. The bending parameters have to be determined case-wise to make sure that both bending radii and bending angle can be reproduced. In order to compensate the spring-back effect of the material, the´over-bending‘ is very important. The rigidity around this bending axis is small. It may be necessary to stiffen the element additionally e. g. by gluing a metal sheet or other surface material to the corrugation in order to obtain a two-dimensionally formed „panel“. With this bending technique radii of 30 mm and more can be realized easily with Metawell® Aluflex 05-02 / H4.7.
Forming vertically to the corrugation
Any transformation vertically to the corrugation makes the structural element considerably stiffer, so that it can often be mounted directly. Metawell® Aluflex 05-02 / H4.7 is suitable for bending radii of more than approx. 100 mm. With smaller radii the corrugation tends to be „pulled flat“ and the corrugation is seen through the cover sheet. Is the bending done with the corrugation on the inner side, higher min. bending radii are requested to avoid that the corrugated sheet buckles.
It is strongly recommended to make tests with suitable samples in order to determine the working parameters as e.g. the overbending angle.
On request, powder-coatable panels can be produced.